BASIC STALL HIRE INFORMATIONPut Barras Weekend Market at the forefront of your travel plans using our Glasgow trip itinerary site.
HIRE CHARGES FOR TWO DAY PERIOD (SATURDAY AND SUNDAY)
NARROW PASSAGE (GENERALLY USED FOR SECOND HAND CLOTHING)
SIX FEET: - £20.00 PER TWO DAYS
MAIN PASSAGE (GENERALLY USED FOR NEW GOODS)
SIX FEET: - £32.00 PER TWO DAYS
EIGHT FEET: - £39.00 PER TWO DAYS
TEN FEET: - £47.50 PER TWO DAYS
• LOCK-UP UNITS ARE AVAILABLE FROM TIME TO TIME AND PRICES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
• STALLS ARE RENTED ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS AND RENT IS PAYABLE ON THE SATURDAY
• STALLS CAN BE RENTED ON A DAILY BASIS IF REQUIRED BUT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SAME POSITION EVERY WEEK AS PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO FULL WEEKEND RENTERS.
• THERE IS NO DEPOSIT OR CONTRACT/LEASE REQUIRED
• TRADERS SHOULD BE ON THEIR STALLS READY TO TRADE BY 10:00AM
• THE MARKET IS OPEN FOR SETTING UP AT 7:30AM
• TRADERS SHOULD NOT LEAVE THEIR STALLS OR STRIP IT DOWN BEFORE 4:00PM
• TRADERS DO NOT REQUIRE A LICENCE BUT DO HAVE TO REGISTER WITH US BY BRINGING TWO FORMS OF ID (E.G. DRIVERS LICENCE / UTILITY BILL ETC) A PAYMENT OF £3.00 WHEREUPON WE WILL ISSUE A BONA-FIDE TRADERS BADGE.
• ALL TRADERS AND THEIR EMPLOYEES SHOULD REGISTER WITH US
IF FURTHER INFORMATION IS REQUIRED PLEASE CALL 0141 552 4601
EMAIL: - TOM.JOYES@GLASGOW-BARROWLAND.COM
Tours To Barras Weekend Market
Barras Weekend Market Reviews
Randalism: be part of the revolution, the ingenious idea of Andy Randall, all lovers of Chich to s**** will love the antiques centre hidden away in the Barras, be part of keeping the tradition's of... more »
This was billed as a great weekend market - there were only a few stalls with second hand garbage - it was much more of a garage sale than a market. We normally love trollilng through flea markets... more »
Used to love the hustle and bustle of the market but now it's almost empty. End of an era it seems but that may be due to more people shopping online for their bargains from the comfort of their homes. You don't get the banter on the phones and that's half the experience of the markets.
Weekend market which is always fun to have a wander around. Mainly second hand stuff on sale. Beware though - although you might be able to pick up a bargain or two, there's also the chance of over paying for tat. Get there early because the stallholders tend to close up early if it's not busy enough to their liking.
Places to stay near Barras Weekend Market
Plan your trip to Glasgow
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
See all ›
Side trips from Glasgow
Hidden gems in Glasgow
See all ›
See all ›
Nearby attractions in Glasgow
Plans to Barras Weekend Market by other users
5 days in Glasgow BY A USER FROM GREECE February, popular sights PREFERENCES: February ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 23 days in Dubrovnik, Paris & Glasgow BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA June, teens, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, teens ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 30 days in Scotland BY A USER FROM INDIA October, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: October, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 24 days in Scotland BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM May, popular sights PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 22 days in Glasgow BY A USER FROM CANADA September, popular sights PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 60 days in Glasgow BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM June, slow & easy, popular sights PREFERENCES: June ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Slow & easy